Asking the question of whether or not you need drug or alcohol detox is smart. The reason why is because there are many different specialties of abuse in the substance abuse field. How alcoholism is treated in drug detox is a lot different than how cocaine abuse is treated in drug detox in Colorado or elsewhere.
For example, some of the withdrawal symptoms of alcohol detox may include tremors called delirium tremens. This is actually an advanced magnesium deficiency that can contribute to death. However, it doesn’t occur in those going through drug detox for cocaine, heroin, meth, or prescription drugs. With these drugs, the medical detox has to address the drugs that are covering the receptor sites for your natural endorphins.
Medical drug detox is very specific, and if you have abused one or more of the addictive drugs – cocaine, meth, heroin, or prescription opiates and painkillers, then you have to get the appropriate treatment. With this in mind, look at the quizzes below to determine if you need medical drug detox in Colorado or alcohol detox.
Do I Need Alcohol Detox Quiz
Answer Yes or No to each question below.
- When you feel emotional, do you drink more than usual?
- Have you noticed you can hold your own on alcoholic drinks even when you drink more than three drinks at a party?
- Do you get a bit nervous at a party if alcohol is not available?
- Are you the one who says to your friends, “Hey, don’t leave. Stick around for another hour”?
- Has your family or your doctor told you that you drink too much?
- Have you ever been called an alcoholic?
- Do you have friends who have been to alcohol detox already?
- Do you notice that sometimes you skip meals when you’re drinking?
- Are your relationships at work and at home falling apart?
- Have you ever been pulled over by the police and asked to “walk the line”?
Do I Need Alcohol Detox Quiz Scoring
Count up the number of Yes answers you have to these questions. The greater the number, the more likely it is that you need the professional services of an alcohol detox in Colorado (or elsewhere).
Do I Need Drug Detox Quiz
Answer each of the following questions with a Yes or a No.
- At a party or by yourself, do you ever use cocaine, meth and heroin or other drugs, combining them for a better effect?
- Do you find it extremely hard to stop using drugs?
- Have you noticed changes in your physical health from the drugs such as memory loss, skin sores, or other health problems?
- Do you notice you feel sick when you stop using the drugs?
- Since you started using drugs, have your relationships become troubled?
- Have your friends changed since you started using drugs?
- Has your financial situation worsened since you started using drugs?
- Have you chosen to fund drug use rather than take care of other financial responsibilities?
- Have friends or family members who are non-users complained about you and your use of drugs or told you it’s time to go to a drug detox in Colorado or elsewhere?
- Have you had problems with the law since you started using drugs?
Do I Need Drug Detox Quiz Scoring
Count up the Yes answers you have on this quiz. The higher the number, the more likely it is that you need the professional help that is offered at a drug detox in Colorado or elsewhere.
Both these quizzes could be extended and a lot of other questions could be asked additionally. However, they will give you a good idea of whether or not you should truly be considering the idea of going for addiction treatment for cocaine drug detox, meth drug detox, heroin drug detox, prescription drug detox or alcohol detox in Colorado or wherever you choose.
You can also give our counselors a call at AspenRidge Recovery and discuss the matter with us. This is done in a confidential manner. When you need professional help, it’s not a sign of weakness to get that help; instead, it’s a sign of strength. Going through a drug detox or alcoholism treatment program is a good way to get your life back on track – and start doing the one thing you were destined to do that can be done by no one else.