Benzodiazepine, a.k.a. “benzo,” is a prescription drug that doctors prescribe for stress, anxiety, insomnia, or other mental health disorders. Although the drug is effective in treating these conditions, it is also highly addictive and can be harmful. A benzo detox center in Lakewood, CO can help you get off the drug if you have formed a dependency.
Our drug detox center in Lakewood, CO offers a structured and safe environment where treatment specialists can monitor your withdrawal symptoms and provide support. With the right help, you can complete the first step to addiction recovery. To find out more about how detox can help you get off benzo-related drugs, call AspenRidge Recovery today.
Benzo Brand Names
You may have never heard of the term “benzo.” It is representative of different types of brand name drugs that you likely have heard of. Some examples may include Xanax, Klonopin, Ativan, Valium, or Librium.
Most of the drugs function the same way and are used for the same purposes. The reason why there are multiple brands is people react to benzo in different ways. As a result, there are variations of the same root drug.
Withdrawal from Benzo
Once you decide to stop taking a benzo prescription drug, your mind and body will show symptoms of withdrawal. This is because it is trying to adjust without the drug. Although each person is different, nearly everyone has some type of withdrawal symptoms that may include:
- Irritability or agitation
- Psychosis, anxiety, or severe depression
- The initial loss of memory that should come back
- Feeling a state of confusion or chaos
- Stomach problems such as nausea or vomiting
You may also experience sensory problems, insomnia, flu-like symptoms, or even seizures. For this reason, you should never attempt to quit taking benzodiazepines on your own. You should seek the aid of an addiction rehab center in Lakewood, CO. A drug detox center in Lakewood, CO offers a safer environment with constant monitoring from treatment specialists.
How Long Does Withdrawal Take?
How long it takes you to go through detox at a benzo detox center depends on how long you have been on benzos, how high your dosage is, and if you have been taking benzos while drinking alcohol or using other types of drugs.
A typical timeline looks like this:
- Days 1 to 4 consists of intense symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, or insomnia
- From days 5 to 8, you experience cravings and fatigue, but all intense symptoms go away
- Days 9 to 15 focuses on your cravings, which may cause some anxiety, agitation, or nightmares
- Lastly, days 16 to 30 ensures all drugs are completely out of your system with slight cravings still lingering
Treatment Options After Detox in Lakewood, CO
Remember that getting through detox can be the most challenging part of your recovery. While you may experience discomfort and anxiety, you will feel much better once the drugs have left your system.
An AspenRidge Recovery therapist will meet with you to discuss your treatment. You will have several treatment and therapy options to choose from, including:
- Prescription drug addiction treatment program
- Inpatient or intensive outpatient program depending on your addiction
- Individualized and group therapy program to give you additional support
- 90-day drug rehab program
- Holistic and alternative treatment options
- Aftercare program including support from alumni
Your therapist at a benzo detox center in Lakewood, CO will explain all of the options that are available so that you can decide which one is most suitable for your situation. Our goal is to help you find the right path to recovery.
Get Healthy at a Benzo Detox Center in Lakewood, CO
Believe it or not, there are healthier alternatives to benzodiazepines. We can help you discover a healthier route to wellness, starting with our benzo detox center. To start your treatment today, call us at 866.977.8625. We want to help you break the cycle of addiction.